SPORT-VIDEO.ORG.UA Site forum

All updates on SPORT-VIDEO.ORG.UA - NFL NBA NHL MLB Rugby
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:25 pm 
Site Admin

Los Angeles Lakers legend Kobe Bryant is among five people killed in a helicopter crash in Calabasas, California, a source confirmed to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Bryant was 41.

According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, there were no survivors of the crash. An investigation is ongoing.

The crash comes one day after Bryant was passed by Lakers forward LeBron James for third place on the NBA's all-time scoring list. As late as 10:39 p.m. ET on Saturday night, Bryant was active on social media, congratulating James on Twitter during the Lakers' 108-91 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers.

James inscribed his sneakers with "Mamba 4 Life" and "8/24 KB" in gold marker before the game, showing respect for Bryant, an 18-time All-Star with the Lakers who is eligible for the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2020. All week, in the lead-up to the milestone, he was quick to laud Bryant.

"It's another guy that I looked up to when I was in grade school and high school," James said. "Seeing him come straight out of high school, he is someone that I used as inspiration. It was like, wow. Seeing a kid, 17 years old, come into the NBA and trying to make an impact on a franchise, I used it as motivation. He helped me before he even knew of me because of what he was able to do. So, just to be able to, at this point of my career, to share the same jersey that he wore, be with this historical franchise and just represent the purple and gold, it's very humbling and it's dope.

"Kobe's a legend, that's for damn sure."

A 6-foot, 6-inch small forward with the ability to swing up front and play point or shooting guard, Bryant entered the NBA straight out of high school. In 1996, he became the youngest player in NBA history.

He won five NBA titles in his time with the Lakers, as well as two Olympic gold medals playing for the United States. Now fourth on the NBA's all-time scoring list, with 33,643 points, Bryant won two NBA Finals MVP awards and one NBA regular-season MVP nod in 2008.

A native of Philadelphia, Bryant was selected No. 13 overall in 1996 by the Charlotte Hornets before being traded to the Lakers. He wore both No. 8 and 24 with the Lakers, both of which were retired by the franchise.

"I'm happy just to be in any conversation with Kobe Bean Bryant. One of the all-time greatest basketball players to ever play, one of the all-time greatest Lakers," James said Saturday night. "The man got two jerseys hanging up in Staples Center. It's just crazy."

On Nov. 29, 2015, Bryant announced that he intended to retire at the end of the season, which launched a farewell tour for the ages around the NBA. He played in 66 games that season for Los Angeles, averaging 17.6 points, 3.7 rebounds and 2.8 assists.

In his final game, on April 13, 2016, he scored 60 points, leading the Lakers past the Utah Jazz 101-96.

While Bryant was an unqualified star on the court, he did have controversy off it. He was accused of sexual assault in Colorado in 2003. The criminal case was dropped the next year, but Bryant still issued an apology. He said that he considered the encounter to be consensual but recognized that the woman "did not and does not view this incident the same way I did."

Bryant's death was first reported by TMZ.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:44 am 

R.I.P Kobe :cry:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:30 am 

so sad :sad:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:08 pm 

respect for doing this;
my question is, do you have some of his early career games? or 2009 playoffs, and finals? Or his playoff games with phx and Setve Nash?
Or a game at Cleveland against K. Irving, it was his rookie year, if I remember correctly? or his highest scoring game at Toronto?
Anything would be special.
It is surreal, shocking, and tragic.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately I do not have it.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:50 pm 

It´s a sad day for every sportsfan in the world weither you liked basket or not, Kobe is a true legend and will be missed alot!

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:20 pm 

RIP Kobe

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:58 am 

#kobeforever

Attachments:
Kobe24.png
Kobe24.png [ 71.65 KiB | Viewed 97591 times ]
Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:17 am 

Quote:
respect for doing this;
my question is, do you have some of his early career games? or 2009 playoffs, and finals? Or his playoff games with phx and Setve Nash?
Or a game at Cleveland against K. Irving, it was his rookie year, if I remember correctly? or his highest scoring game at Toronto?
Anything would be special.
It is surreal, shocking, and tragic.
There are many old Kobe games on youtube in varying quality but nothing close to a complete archive from what I can find.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:32 pm 

Just to let you guys know, I've started hoarding all sports starting in late 2015. I thought that magical season was defined by the Warriors chasing history with 73 win season. But now I'll remember it as Kobe's final season.

It's heartbreaking look back at those games and the tragedy of how his life ended.

The entire season is about 3TB. If I gather the Laker games only, would be quite smaller.

The games are also tagged with a sport site that is already dead and defunc. Also it includes the commercial breaks, but you see get to see the live feed of the arena and entertainment, including the halftime shows. Literally life captured. Don't know the rules of even advertising competing sports torrent sites or if it's allowed. But I have all these games. It would be nice to share it. But idk the rules about sharing but looking for guidance.

Thanks

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:54 am 

any chance you have and can post kobe's last game?

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:51 pm 

I'll send you a PM with a link

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:33 pm 

He will ALWAYS be remembered RIP! Kobe.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:42 pm 

Quote:
I'll send you a PM with a link
Sir, if you are still around, I would love to see Kobe's last game. If you don't mind. Thanks

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:54 pm 

https://sendgb.com/O1Ym7Tyw9kD

It's up for 7 days, it's Kobe's last game. It's zipped as to evade DMCA. No password

Any other stuff I'll post again.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:30 pm 

Quote:
https://sendgb.com/O1Ym7Tyw9kD

It's up for 7 days, it's Kobe's last game. It's zipped as to evade DMCA. No password

Any other stuff I'll post again.
Thank you sir.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:09 pm 

Kobe's farewell full game with extras is also here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgLZKCG-_Yk...

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:20 am 

That's literally the same video I had posted, except on Youtube. That's cool, easier to find it then.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:11 am 

Can you PLS unpin this?

As a massive Kobe fan it really sucks every time I wanna login and download a game this sits as a reminder

It hurts and I don't see how it benefits anyone, yourself included, to be reminded of this daily

Thanks from someone who idolized Kobe for a decade and followed his 20 year career

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:03 pm 

Hi there, are you able to repost the link again with all the lakers kobe games?

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:15 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi there, are you able to repost the link again with all the lakers kobe games?
sorry, no

Report this post